OneFeather is the leading end-to-end elections, referendums and ratifications vote management service provider to First Nations throughout Canada. We are building and deploying new innovative technologies designed specifically for First Nations including registrar management, community engagement, electronic voting and other exciting features and products. We presently work with over 100 First Nations across the country.
The Opportunity – Vote Management Specialist (Multiple Positions)
We are presently searching for key team members to assist with our client care and voting event management services. The ideal candidate will have a passion which aligns with our core values and purpose, enjoys travelling and meeting First Nations across the country and who is goal- and achievement-oriented. In addition, they will have some technical proficiency navigating cloudbased software and be very comfortable using computer applications/software, and a healthy acumen in social media communications.
The Vote Management Specialist leads the delivery of voting events and client care through the coordinated efforts of the staff and the Chief Electoral Officer:
- Develops and maintains strong member relationships
- Develops, maintains, and enhances strong client relationships
- Increases the profile of OneFeather as the authoritative voice on First Nation voting events and their critical decision-making activities.
- Develop detailed voting event work plans and administration schedules
- Attend in-community key meetings and polling events
- Coordinate the administrative execution of the voting event and strategy
- Contribute to the development of operational plans and procedures for event success and client satisfaction, including increasing voting event efficiencies, improved communication and other administrative improvements
- Build, manage and sustain the client relationships which create an enduring relationship with OneFeather
- Develop and maintain accurate and complete files for each voting event, and continue to monitor for integrity and completeness
- Assist the Chief Electoral Officer
- Support the development and implementation of new initiatives
- College/University certificate/diploma
Experience and skills
- 2-3 years direct working experience with a First Nation community
- Experience in project/event administration and coordination
- Flexible: used to dealing with multiple projects at a time
- Excellent time management skills, and able to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a willingness to work hard to achieve the highest quality results
- Demonstrate experience interfacing with First Nation members
- Goal setting and achievement orientated
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficient PC skills including with MS Office and Excel
- People management experience an asset
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required during peak periods
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel
Preference will be given to well qualified persons of aboriginal descent.
Wages will be commensurate with skills, education and experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
Nicole Hajash, VP Indigenous Relations email@example.com